Welcome to the Muslim Association of Ireland's (MAI) website
The Muslim Association of Ireland (MAI) is a religious, educational, social and non-profit organization was formed in 2000 as the numbers of Muslims have increased. MAI provides religious and educational social services and programs designed to assist in the comprehensive educational and spiritual development of the Muslim individual, family and community.
The preservation of the islamic identity in Ireland and intrduce Islam and its humanitairan valules and encourage the positive and effective participation in Irish Society.
"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted" Chapter (49) sūrat l-ḥujurāt (The Dwellings) Holy Quran
- To spread the awareness of Islam and its values, and also to explain the Islamic culture according to the needs of current time and the European context.
- To support Muslims in Ireland to practice their religious duties, preserve their cultural identity and promote their social interests.
- To give due importance to the children of Muslim community through the provision of opportunities to teach them Islamic religion, Arabic language, and supporting them towards higher educational and career achievements.
- To work toward realising the presence and representation of Muslims in Ireland.
- To build up the bridges and coordinate with other Islamic, Irish, and European organisations to achieve better future of Ireland.
- To participate in the efforts to protect the liberties and defend the rights, honour and safety of human beings.
- To Contributing towards efforts, which aim to protect freedom and human rights.
The last decade witnessed a significant increase in Muslim population in Ireland. This increase required more establishments to help the existing Islamic organizations in fulfilling the new needs of the community.
MAI is an educational and social organisation established in February 2000 to help Muslim in Ireland obtaining better future and also to introduce Islam and its cultural values to the Irish public.